- Our next meeting will tentatively be June 2, 2015. Location: AMR Community center large room for meeting and Theatre for children. Time: 6pm.
- Prospective members are always welcome to attend our monthly meetings!
- View the "Home" tab to view our application and steps on how to join!
- Check out Meetup for our upcoming Events (membership required)
Welcome to The Coast Guard Spouses Association of Oahu!
The CGSA is an all ranks social group with the purpose of allowing the Coast Guard Spouses to get to know one another, get support when needed and learn about our wonderful new home.
Please feel free to contact us or find us on Facebook via the links above to start joining in on the fun. The island has so much to offer each and everyone of us!
We have a few projects and activities we like to do each year.
- We start the “season” with our Welcome gathering (CGSA Welcome Pa’ina) held on the gorgeous grounds of the Diamond Head Lighthouse.
- In October we have a fundraiser for Breast Cancer by playing Bunco.
- During the Christmas season we have a gift and cookie exchange.
- In the spring we have a fundraiser to fund a scholarship we give to a Coast Guard dependent each year.
- When transfer season begins we have a end of year celebration to welcome new families and say goodbye to those transferring.
- We hold monthly meetings for our members to discuss upcoming club events and activities, weigh in with ideas for future plans, and to just catch up with one another.
Current Active Groups:
- Lunch Bunch
- Kids and Kasual
- Island Adventure
- Make It and Take It: Crafts
- Make It and Take It: Food
- Book Club
- Game Club
- Bunco Club
- Volunteer Ventures
- A Night Out
- Supper Club
- Active Lifestyles
- Coastie Kids
To apply please highlight the home button and then click the application and then you will be able to download and send to the cgsa email.
If you would like more information please e-mail us at email@example.com.
The 2015-2016 CGSA Board
The 2015-2016 Club Officers
Honorary President -
President – Marie Chiano
Vice President – Amanda Moore
Treasurer – Jessica Weimerskirch
Assistant Treasurer: Heidi Gonzalez
Secretary – Leslie Mitchell
The 2015-2016 Standing Committee Chairs & Liaisons
Historian- Margaret Walsh
Newsletter Editor- Jennifer Chang
Parliamentarian- Erica Dash
Sunshine/Hospitality- Dorothy Welch
Ways and Means- Liko Smith
Book Club –Kathryn Bendle
Island Adventure – Dorothy Welch and Vanessa Stebe
Kids and Kasual - Liko Smith
Lunch Bunch – Kim Blume
Make It and Take It: Crafts-Shandra Edmond
Make It and Take It: Food-Joy Hollinrake
Photography Club- Amanda Moore
Game Club- Denise Tosh
Bunco Club- Jessica Weimerskirch
Volunteer Ventures (Community Support): Valerie Schackleford
A Night Out-
Special Committee Chairs and Liaisons:
Backpack Committee: Liko Smith
Coast Guard Ball Liaison: Liko Smith
Fisher House: Marie Chiano
Joint Spouses Conference Liaison: Kimberly Mourey
Children’s Easter Party:
Children’s Holiday Party:
Special Events Committee:
If interested in any vacant positions please contact our club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
**This is a non-federal entity. This non-federal entity is not part of, or endorsed by, the Department of Homeland Security or the United States Coast Guard and it has no governmental status.