Welcome to The Coast Guard Spouses Association of Oahu!
The CGSA is an all ranks social group with the purpose of allowing the Coast Guard Spouses to get to know one another, get support when needed and learn about our wonderful new home.
Right now we are planning for our next year so we are not having regular meetings, but our groups are still meeting and getting together. Please feel free to contact us or find us on Facebook via the links above to start joining in on the fun. The island has so much to offer each and everyone of us!
We have a few projects and activities we like to do each year.
- We start the “season” with our Welcome gathering (CGSA Welcome Pa’ina) usually held on the gorgeous grounds of the Diamond Head Lighthouse. (This year it is being held at an alternate location)
- In October we have a fundraiser for Breast Cancer by playing Bunco. This year we are supporting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
http://www.bcrfcure.org and http://www.buncoforbreastcancer.org/content/learn-about-bunco-breast-cancer#
- During the Christmas season we have a gift and cookie exchange.
- In the spring we have a fundraiser to fund a scholarship we give to a Coast Guard dependent each year.
- When transfer season begins we have a end of year celebration to welcome new families and say goodbye to those transferring.
- We hold monthly meetings for our members to discuss upcoming club events and activities, weigh in with ideas for future plans, and to just catch up with one another.
- We are also participating in many other community outreach and support projects this year
Shriner's Children's Hospital of Honolulu
Christmas Toy Drive
Humane Society of Hawaii
Oahu SPCA Paws for the Cause.
Current Active Groups:
Active Lifestyles Club
Island AdventureKids and KasualLunch Bunch
Make It and Take It Crafts
A Night Out
Meet Our Board and Group Leaders!
The 2013-2014 Executive Board
Honorary President - Gary Thomas
President – Heidi Gonzalez
Vice President – Kim Blume
Treasurer – Ericka Porrazza
Recording Secretary – Becky Rodriguez
Corresponding Secretary – Kristin Ramassini
The 2013-2014 General Board
Membership/Directory- Kim Mourey
Historian- Alice Jones
Newsletter Coordinator and Distributor- VACANT
Sunshine/Hospitality- Lynn Gilreath
Parliamentarian- NeKeshia Jones
Ways and Means- Valerie Taylor Shackleford
Fisher House- Dusti Berard
Active Lifestyles- Jennifer Whaley
Book Club – Regan Blomshield
Island Adventure – Cori Humphries and Valerie Taylor
Kids and Kasual - Liko Smith
Lunch Bunch – Kim Blume
Make It and Take It Crafts-Jen Hitcher
Photography Club- Heidi Gonzalez
Supper Club- Valerie Taylor Shackleford
A Night Out- VACANT