Welcome to The Coast Guard Spouses Association of Oahu!
The CGSA is an all ranks social group with the purpose of allowing the Coast Guard Spouses to get to know one another, get support when needed and learn about our wonderful new home.
Our next meeting is Tuesday, February 4th. Please feel free to contact us or find us on Facebook via the links above to start joining in on the fun. The island has so much to offer each and everyone of us!
We have a few projects and activities we like to do each year.
- We start the “season” with our Welcome gathering (CGSA Welcome Pa’ina) usually held on the gorgeous grounds of the Diamond Head Lighthouse. (This year it is being held at an alternate location)
- In October we have a fundraiser for Breast Cancer by playing Bunco. This year we are supporting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
http://www.bcrfcure.org and http://www.buncoforbreastcancer.org/content/learn-about-bunco-breast-cancer#
- During the Christmas season we have a gift and cookie exchange.
- In the spring we have a fundraiser to fund a scholarship we give to a Coast Guard dependent each year.
- When transfer season begins we have a end of year celebration to welcome new families and say goodbye to those transferring.
- We hold monthly meetings for our members to discuss upcoming club events and activities, weigh in with ideas for future plans, and to just catch up with one another.
Current Active Groups:
- Lunch Bunch
- Island Adventure
- Kids and Kasual
- Make It and Take It Crafts
- Book Club
- Game Club
- Active Lifestyles
- A Night Out
- Supper Club
Meet Our Board and Group Leaders!
The 2013-2014 Executive Board
Honorary President - Gary Thomas
President – Heidi Gonzalez
Vice President – Kim Blume
Treasurer – Ericka Porrazza
Recording Secretary – Becky Rodriguez
Corresponding Secretary – VACANT
The 2013-2014 General Board
Membership/Directory- Kim Mourey
Historian- Alice Jones
Newsletter Coordinator and Distributor- Jennifer Vincenzi
Sunshine/Hospitality- Amanda Kiritz
Parliamentarian- NeKeshia Jones
Ways and Means- VACANT
Fisher House- VACANT
Active Lifestyles- Julie Mills
Book Club –Regan Blomshield
Island Adventure – Cori Humphries
Kids and Kasual - Liko Smith
Lunch Bunch – Kim Blume
Make It and Take It Crafts-Amanda Kiritz
Photography Club- Heidi Gonzalez
Game Night- Denise Tosh
Supper Club- VACANT
A Night Out- VACANT